In order to profit from this lesson please carefully read chapters 1-7 of Esther before answering the questions.
1) Describe King Ahasuerus.
2) Describe Esther.
3) Do you believe there is a connection between her maturity in responding to wise councel and her fruit of temperance? Explain (Esther 2:10, 15, 20).
4) How does knowing the will of God (4:14) help one control one's actions?
5) In what ways did Esther model victory over self-gratification (4:11-17)?
6) How did she exemplify control over her tongue (5:1-8; 7:1-6)?
7) What actions did Esther take to ensure self-control (5:1-8; 7:1-6)?
8) What benefits came out of her victory?
9) how did her temperance help others?
10) Titus 2 used the example of refusing wince when setting forth temperance. Can you name other areas, besides wine, that might entangle a woman's life?
11) Why is such self-control a requirement for teaching others?
12) Explain how some things which are good in themselves can be bad by misuse (Proverbs 24:13; 25:16,27).