It is important that the student read Numbers 12: 1-15 at least three times before answering the questions.
1) How did Miriam want others to see herself and Aaron?
2) What lay at the root of Miriam's sin?
3) What statement in verse 2 is so often forgotten by those who gossip?
4) How did God view Moses (verses 3-9)?
5) How did God view the sin of Miriam (verses 9-14; Proverbs 6: 16-19; 1 Timothy 5:19-20)?
6) Why does God consider gossiping such a serious sin?
7) Comment upon Proverbs 11:9, Proverbs 16:28, Proverbs 17:9, Proverbs 17:20, Proverbs 26: 20-23
8) Can you think of a situation where you have been personally hurt by gossip?
9) Can you think of a situation where you have hurt another with gossip?
10) Did you learn anything from the two experiences? Explain.
11) What effect did Miriam's sin have on the others (verse 15)?
12) How can you help stop gossip according to Proverbs 14:15, Proverbs 15:28, Proverbs 17: 27-28, Proverbs 18:13, James 3:2-18.
13) How does giving ear to gossip make one a partaker of the evil deed?