Look over Luke 10: 38-42 at least three times before answering the questions.
1) in the passage at hand two sisters desire to please Jesus. Why is Mary praised?
2) Why is Martha rebuked?
3) How might Martha have been different if she had taken time to listen to Jesus before she served?
4) What charge did Martha make against Jesus in verse 40?
5) Have you ever felt this way under the pressures of daily work? Explain.
6) What charge did Martha make against Mary in verse 40?
7) Discuss how our self-love leads us into bad attitudes toward others?
8) What does verse 40 teach about the prayers of one whose perspective is faulty?
9) define cumbered
10) Are you ever in this condition? Why?
11) How can you serve more like Mary?
12) How does Jesus describe true servitude in Mark 10: 42-45?
13) Relate this description to the passages in Titus and Proverbs 31 from earlier lessons.
14) Can you think of a situation in your life where effective service came after spiritual worship?